With the holiday season among us, there are many things to be thankful for. However, we often do not think about basic necessities like water. In fact, since we are wrapped up with plans and festivities, it’s easy to forget about water usage and the impacts that come along with this. Here are some tips for minimizing your water usage this holiday:
- Instead of thawing food by running it under water, thaw it in the fridge!
- Washing dishes by hand? fill the sink with warm, soapy water to wash, instead of letting the facet run
- Make sure your dishwasher is full before you load! Only wash them when you need to because dishwashers use between 7 to 12 gallons per load.
- Buy gifts that have minimal packaging!
- Have a pitcher of water for guests so that they do not mindlessly waste (from getting water from the faucet or fridge.
- instead of washing fruit under the faucet, make a bowl of water to wash them in.